Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Motifs Keep Coming

Yes, the presentations are taking longer than anticipated. However, the presentations are full of so much -- themes, characterization, literary devices, connections to other Chopin texts -- that it has been a pleasure to listen to students support their short stories with strong, passionate analysis. Who knew Chopin could bring such zealous attention to all of her motifs?

We will (maybe? hopefully?) finish presentations tomorrow. I would like to remind all of you to have a focused presentation for class.

And, if I have time to finish typing something, you will have something to do this weekend. It will involve highlighting and possible arts and crafts.

Lastly, since I was talking about cakes in second hour. Here are the three cakes I made this year for my babies:

Ingram's CHEESE Cake, made of 10 cheeses for her 10th birthday.. In case you are wondering, Ingram has very expensive tastes. Her favorites are Mobay and Chihuahua cheeses.

Monty's first birthday cake had to be special-so I made Gesine Bullock Prado's The Lovers, The Dreamers, and Me Cake. Yes, her recipe is an ode to Kermit the Frog. When I think of Kermit, I think of joy and happiness: the same qualities I see in my little Monty every day. 
For Tango's third birthday, I made a cake that looked like a pumpkin. Tango was completely afraid of it, so I don't have a picture of him enjoying it. Seed is more his thing!

Sorry I can't make you deserts like this anymore. But, we will have store-bought goodies for our Roald Dahl celebration on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment